Thursday, April 9, 2009

Back In Action!

We did it and actually came out unscathed. Yes, we had no cable, phone, or internet for one whole week. The kids met some new friends and got their daily allowance of Vitamin D. I admit, we did occasionally stop outside of the local diner and use their Wi-Fi. My husband has to e-mail reports every night... so what if I happened to have my I-Touch with me? Purely accidental, of course.

I heard less whining than anticipated and we had a dance party in the living room instead of watching American Idol. It seems some of you are inspired to try it for yourselves. I hope you do because our family really enjoyed each other.

It is a good reminder of why we homeschool and choose to be so involved with our kids. Sometimes we forget the importance and value of the decisions we have made and get sidetracked with all of the day to day activities. This was a nice opportunity to reconnect with ourselves and re-evaluate our priorities. Yeah for us!

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy do I agree!
    Getting sidetracked is my biggest problem ever. I am always getting distracted by laundry, dishes, dirty floors and dirty kids! Sometimes it's necessary to remind ourselves just why we *do* homeschool--that we wanted to spend all of this time with our kids!
    Glad you made it out alive. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos on making it for the whole week! That is quite an accomplishment! The only time we survived an experiment like that was when a hurricane came through and we were forced because we had no power for six days. Otherwise, we're wired 24/7. But we do text each other occasionally... ;)

    ReplyDelete